Mantoloking & Hurricane Sandy

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  To give everyone a heads-up, we have a Nor’Easter that will be coming in this afternoon/later tonight.  Please see the attached weather report.

We will monitor the storm very carefully, but please be advised, if we have flooding like we had with a similar storm last week, we may have to close access to town.  Please check the website tomorrow morning before heading to Mantoloking (Please also let your contractors know as well).  We will send out an update by 7:30 tomorrow morning letting you know the status.

Many of you have asked who makes the decision to allow access or not.  Just so we are clear, the decision is made by the Office of Emergency Management in conjunction with the Police and Fire Departments as well as Mayor Nebel.  Please be assured that the decision is not made lightly.  Our first priority is safety.  Obviously, if the Bay or Ocean breaches, we need to worry about keeping you and your contractors safe.  The second priority is limiting the amount of damage from the storm to our existing and repaired infrastructure.  We recognize that many of you have appointments with builders, inspectors, assessors, etc., so we are very careful about canceling access.

On a separate note, we are working on an extensive Q and A document that we hope to have ready early in the New Year.  This document should help answer some the questions you have with regards to debris/demo, re-construction, utilities, easements, etc.

Please remember to check the website tomorrow morning for the access update.