Mantoloking & Hurricane Sandy
Update 14: November 10, 2012: 4:00
We had a meeting today with the State Contractor (They are doing an awesome job getting our infrastructure back in place– we do not want to get in their way and slow them down!!). As a result of that meeting we have worked out an alternate day schedule by dividing into two two sections. Our ultimate goal is to try and get everyone to see their homes. We are working with the State to get side roads and driveways cleared and ready so we can get cars off the street– making it was easier for contractors/adjusters to come in to do remediation and winterization. We hope to be able to be able to implement that plan later this week.
For tomorrow, we will be following the plan below:
- Princeton to Herbert: Please report to Brick Moose and you will be shuttled in (Please park on the Eastbound side of 528). The shuttle will drop off/ pick up at MYC. Please limit your foot traffic to/from your residence.
- For residents between Bergen and Herbert– Please park at the Order of the Sacred Heart Church in Bay Head (Back Parking Lot and the West side of Clayton) and shuttles will take you into areas near your homes. You will not be able to drive to your homes. Entry to homes on Barnegat Lane will be made via the Southbound side of 35/Ocean Avenue. Please make sure that you check in and check out at the Church.
- If you are found wandering around, the police will give you a free ride back to the Church/Moose and you will not be allowed to re-enter. Please DO NOT call 911 for your shuttle pick-up.
A couple of other points:
- All other residents in the areas not listed above will not be allowed in whether by vehicle or by walking.
- We have been asked by the State to limit entry to those 18 years and above.
- Please do not attempt to start flooded cars due to potential airbag deployment.
- We are working hard to clear driveways so that you will be able to drive your own car or have contractor drive their car directly to your home. Tomorrow night, we will conduct an assessment of parking to see if and when we this access will be allowed. We will post the results and gameplan tomorrow night.
UNTIL WE HAVE ACCESS TO DRIVEWAYS, WE WILL CONTINUE WITH THE ALTERNATE SCHEDULE THAT IS IN PLACE FOR THE WEEKEND. BEGINNING MONDAY WE HOPE TO ALSO BE ABLE TO ADD BERGEN/LAGOON/CHANNEL TO THE NORTH SECTOR.
FINALLY, THREE BIG THANK YOU’S ARE IN ORDER. 1) THANK YOU TO JOHNSON & JOHNSON FOR SUPPLYING FIRST AID KITS THAT WERE HANDED OUT TO RESIDENTS AS THEY ENTERED; 2) TEAM RUBICON HAS DONE A GREAT JOB HELPING RESIDENTS IN THE SOUTH GET TO THEIR HOMES: PLEASE CHECKOUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING ALL OVER THE GLOBE: http://teamrubiconusa.org; 3) FINALLY, A SPECIAL THANKS TO COURTNEY BIXBY: RESIDENT, ASSISTANT FIRE CHIEF AND DEPUTY OEM COORDINATOR– HE HAS BEEN HERE SINCE THE BEGINNING, RARELY HOME AND INSTRUMENTAL IN MAKING SURE THAT THINGS RUN SMOOTHLY, GETTING SAND PLACED WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE AND KEEPING THINGS SAFE FOR EVERYONE. HE HAS TO GO BACK TO HIS DAY JOB, BUT WHEN YOU SEE COURTNEY, BUY HIM A BEER OR GIVE HIM A HUG– HE HAS DONE MORE THAN ANYONE COULD ASK FOR THE BOROUGH.
Comments are closed.
Copyright © 2013 Borough of Mantoloking :: Ocean County, New Jersey - All Rights Reserved | Disclaimer | Designed by Osprey Technology Consulting LLC