Mantoloking & Hurricane Sandy
SECTION ONE: Days for Entry: Wednesday, Friday & Sunday
– Curtis Point to Princeton Avenue (Meet at the Royal Moose)
– Bay Head Border to Lyman Street (which NOW includes residents of Channel and Lagoon Lanes) (Meet at the Church of the Sacred Heart in Bay Head)
SECTION TWO: Days for Entry: Thursday, Saturday & Tuesday
– Herbert Street to Lyman Street (Meet at the Church of the Sacred Heart in Bay Head)
As mentioned yesterday, the National Guard and State police approved access to contractors for the purpose of winterization. This will begin on Friday and they must adhere to the rules set forth below:
* Entry will be allowed from 8-3 on the same day that residents are allowed entry (FOR TOMORROW IT IS SECTION 1)
* If a resident is not going to accompany their contractor, they need to supply a letter or a print out of an e-mail authorizing the contractor to enter.
* Contractors entering the Southern Part of town (South of Herbert Street) should check-in at the new County Park at the base of the bridge on the Brick side. Contractors for the North, should meet at Sacred Heart Church.
* Contractors can use their own vehicle (ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER HOUSE), but they should park in the resident’s driveway or the nearest possible driveway. If they park on any public street, they will be towed and denied future access.
* Once contractors have cleared the checkpoint, they will not be allowed to go back and forth. If they have multiple clients, they need to supply a list of those clients at the checkpoint. If they are found at any address other than that for which they registered, they will be escorted from town and denied future access.
PLEASE REMEMBER: THE WINTERIZATION SYSTEM IS A TRIAL TO ALLOW GREATER ACCESS IN THE NEAR FUTURE. IF IT DOES NOT WORK, FUTURE ACCESS MAY BE SEVERELY COMPROMISED. PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO MAKE IT WORK.