Mantoloking & Hurricane Sandy
November 17, 2012- 1:45pm
Thank you to everyone for their patience during the last week. Starting Tuesday, November 20th you will be issued two passes (1 pass per vehicle). Access to the Borough will be allowed from 8-4pm on a DAILY basis. Due to emergency construction, access will NOT BE ALLOWED for SUNDAY and MONDAY.
To make this process work, please pay attention to the following:
- Residents should collect their passes at the following locations:
* Residents North of Herbert: Please come to the Church of the Sacred on MONDAY, November 19th from 9-12 to pick up your passes;
* Residents South of Herbert: Please come Tow Boat US on MONDAY, November 19th from 9-12 to pick up your passes;
* If you are unable to pick up your passes on MONDAY, please come on TUESDAY to the above checkpoints at 7:30 am.
- For Daily access, please note the following:
* WE NEED TO STAY OFF OF 35
* For the North: Check-in will be at East Avenue/Mathis and Barnegat Lane/Clayton. For those that live on Ocean/35 – please use East and Barnegat to get as close to your house as possible (for residents on Ocean between Lyman and Herbert, it would be great if you could park at a neighbors house on Barnegat and carefully walk across the street to your residence;
* For the South, Check-in will be at the base of the bridge. Please cross the bridge and use Bay and Princeton to access your homes;
* Both residents and contractors should only enter/leave town once– we CANNOT clog up the roads;
* Please make sure your vehicles are off any public road and you or your contractor does not drive around town.
* For the access, contractors should be providing winterization/remediation services only– the rebuilding phase will be in the next few weeks;
* Safety is our first priority, if you must bring your children, please make sure they are confined to your property only;
* If you or contractor do not comply with these rules, your pass will be subject to removal by the police.
- IMMEDIATE SCHEDULE FOR NEXT WEEK:
* DAILY ACCESS FOR RESIDENTS/CONTRACTORS ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY;
* NO ACCESS ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY FOR THE THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY;
* RESIDENTS ONLY ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
* WEEK OF NOVEMBER 26- ACCESS EVERYDAY!
- PLEASE NOTE, THAT THIS SCHEDULE REMAINS EXTREMELY FLUID. PLEASE CHECK THE WEBSITE DAILY FOR UPDATES– DUE TO CHANGING STATE CONSTRUCTION NEEDS WE MAY NEED TO CHANGE THINGS.