Mantoloking and Hurricane Sandy
A busy day in Mantoloking! Debris removal continues and substantial progress continues to be made on infrastructure improvements:
Please take note of some very important information:
- The Ocean County Library has informed us that they are unable to accommodate us for our Town Council Meeting on December 3rd. The new time will be: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5th @ 4:30PM;
- For residents/contractors in the Southern part of town (FROM HERBERT to CURTIS POINT)– you will be UNABLE to access your homes on DECEMBER 3rd and 4th. NJ GAS will be repressurizing the main gas line that runs through this section of town. The good news is that if they are successful, we will have gas available in our lines and once we get electric and have the OK from a safety standpoint, some of our homes will have heat. Check out the NJ Gas website for information– it is a good resource: http://www.njng.com
- NOW FOR THE BIG ONE: For residents in the Northern part of town– we will need to shut down access on Rt 35/Ocean Ave for ONE WEEK starting on Friday, November 30th. The State DOT and IEW (the guys that are working day night to help rebuild us) are trying to get 35 put together back before Christmas. To do this, they need to basically dig it up from Bergen to Downer. Under 35, they will be putting in new gas lines, water and sewer, and above ground, JCP&L will be putting in new electric poles and wiring. They are also putting in permanent roadways in all of the breach areas: WE CANNOT GET IN THEIR WAY!!! So what does this mean for our access? Here is how it will hopefully work:
- Please only come to town if you absolutely need to. If you or your contractor need to continue to remediate, please do so. Next week is definitely not the time to get the pool filter changed or do landscaping;
- For residents/contractors on the EAST side of 35/Ocean to LYMAN, please use East Avenue and park in a neighbors driveway on East Avenue and walk to your homes. Please leave your cell phone number visible on your windshield so a neighbor can give you a call if they need to.
- For residents/contractors on the WEST side of 35/Ocean to LYMAN, please use Barnegat Lane and park in a neighbors driveway on Barnegat Lane and walk to your homes. Please leave your cell phone number visible on your windshield so a neighbor can give you a call if they need to.
- For residents/contractors on 35/Ocean between LYMAN and HERBERT, please use Barnegat Lane and park in a neighbors driveway on Barnegat Lane and walk to your homes. Please leave your cell phone number visible on your windshield so a neighbor can give you a call if they need to.
- For residents on 35/Ocean between HERBERT and DOWNER, please park at the Mantoloking Yacht Club and walk to your homes.
- We will also connect Barnegat back up to Herbert so residents can leave town over the bridge. For those in the South, please do not use Barnegat to get to and from your homes- use the bridge!
- Residents on EAST AND BARNEGAT– please be patient with your neighbors on 35/OCEAN– Why?– because when we have to rip up Barnegat and East in the upcoming weeks, you will have to park in their driveways!!