Mantoloking & Hurricane Sandy
A quick update in between football games. Please note the following:
- Considering we still have limited fire fighting capacity, open fires (including in fireplaces) are not a good idea and not allowed;
- When approaching the Borough from the South on Mantoloking Road, please disregard the information on the electronic signboard– the Southern part of the Borough (from Herbert to Curtis Point) will be closed on Monday and Tuesday and, if all goes well, access will resume on Wednesday;
- The Town Council meeting is still a go for Wednesday at the Ocean County Library in Brick. Please plan on arriving early as we have devised a resident’s pass system which will make access into town easier. More details on this system will be on this site Monday/Tuesday. If you can’t make the meeting, we will once again send out dial-in information;
- If you would like, you can submit a question that you may have for the Mayor/Town Council prior to the meeting. We will answer as many of these questions as we can at the meeting. We will take questions via e-mail until Tuesday night. One question per address please. Please submit your questions here: http://www.mantoloking.org/?page_id=952
- Please continue to stay off of 35 and only come to town if you need to;
- Please continue to separate your household trash from construction debris. A very easy way to NOT have your debris picked up is to have a half-eaten Mike’s sub sitting on top of the pile.
- We are working on setting up two sand screening stations– where you can drop off of and pick up sand as needed. We will let you know more when the final details get worked out.
- Finally, say thanks to our neighbors in Bay Head– they agreed to let our debris visit their town for a few days– which gives us the space needed to get rid of our debris and allow continued access.
That is it for now. By the way, if you were wondering why Mark Sanchez played so poorly today, it was because he was sore from ripping sheetrock out of the Kelly’s house earlier in the week.